10 Reasons Why You Should Complete Your Yoga Teacher Training?
- 1. You love yoga. If you enjoy practicing yoga, chances are, you’ll enjoy sharing the teachings with others.
- 2. You want to deepen your practice. During the training, you’ll enhance your understanding of each asana from the inside out. You’ll learn different aspects of anatomy, alignment and key modifications which changes the feel of the asana completely.
- 3. You’re ready to focus on you. This program is an investment to yourself, your health and personal growth.
- 4. You want to gently shape and tone your body. Yoga offers energy, vibrancy and consistency in life. When you tune into your body, you hear what you’re really searching for and that’s movement. Yes, movement is medicinal, gently and holistically.
- 5. Explore Yoga Philosophy. Learn where the practice originated and how it became so popular in the west.
- 6. Create long-lasting friendships. You will be welcomed to our community of students for life as you deepen your connection to yoga and life.
- 7. Learn to Teach. Share yoga safely, inclusively and freely within a studio, gym or private practice. We will give you all the cues, options and confidence to begin sharing yoga.
- 8. Receive one on one coaching. Yoga Flow offers personalised attention with your studies as all our Lead Teachers are qualified Adult Educators plus E-RYT 500 Yoga Alliance Teachers.
- 9. Broaden your understanding beyond asana. Yoga is so much more than what the body experiences. Yoga is so much more than meditation. Yoga is energy healing gateway.
- 10. You want to live your best life. Have you ever left a yoga class feeling so deeply centred you wish you could bottle that moment? When you’re aligned with consciousness, new experiences take shape inspiring us to live the best version of ourselves and to put down what is no longer serving us mentally, physically and emotionally.
Are You Ready?
Where is the Teacher Training Facilitated?
The Venue – Mind Body Studio Level 3 World Gym Burpengary.
What Does the 200hr Program Cover?
Poses specific to Yoga Flow lineage of Hatha Vinyasa.
Complete sequencing (asana, pranayama, meditation) to achieve particular effect safely
Anatomical and alignment principles plus contraindications
Pranayama & Subtle Bodies
Historical context effects of pranayama on anatomy and subtle body
Sequencing of pranayama safely, including alternatives and adaptations.
Key meditation terms Meditation methods.
Chanting, mantras, and mudras.
Skeletal system, incl.: Major bones, types of joints, major muscles involved in asana Types of muscle contraction.
Nervous system, incl. ‘fight, flight, freeze’ stress response, vagal theory, overall mind-body connection, cardiovascular/circulatory, endocrine, digestive systems how they relate to a yoga practice. We also cover the respiratory system, including muscles that affect breathing, involuntary vs voluntary breath, how air enters and leaves body.
Types of joint movements, joint stabilisation, safe movement as it pertains to balancing, stretching, awareness, and physical limitations, contraindications, misalignments, adaptations.
History of Yoga
Term ‘yoga’, school’s lineage, style, and methodology, dates, Vedas, Vedanta, Hatha, Colonial, Modern and how yoga came to the west.
The definition of yoga and key terms, relationship between asana, pranayama, meditation Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Hatha Yoga Pradipika) Self-reflection on how philosophy relates to practice.
Awareness of Yoga Sutras. relationship and ethical commitment.
Sequencing a class, pace, environment, cueing (verbal, visual, physical), class management.
Yoga-related professional organisations, lifetime of learning and continuing education, general professionalism, including timeliness, consistency, cleanliness, marketing and promotion, liability insurance, waivers, invoicing.
Includes – Knowledge, skills, experience across 12 key competencies, mentorship component, incl. apprenticeship, feedback.
Where to from here?
If you have any questions, call or email to put your mind at ease. There are many payment options which include a 12 month payment plan if this suits your financial planning better.
Counting Down To Our Next Teacher Training
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training 2022
Which yoga course are you ready for?
40 Hour Yin
40 Hour Restorative Yoga Teacher
Advanced Teacher Training
Let's talk some more...
Sharon Neish BSB 064473 ACC 10019445
Pay up front.
Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele.
by Leslie Kaminoff
The Yoga Sutrus of Pantanjali
interpreted by Mukunda Stiles
The program is for anyone wanting to develop themselves personally or professionally.
We welcome wherever you are on your yoga journey. Yoga isn’t about DOING the poses, it’s about TEACHING them. If you have limitations physically, we ask you share how yoga has changed your life. Yoga is for EVERY BODY, it’s not for the posers!
We stand by a more in depth, experienced, personalised curriculum with hands on experience for students available.
No, each student has to make up the full 200hrs plus pass 80% of the evaluation process. We are a Yoga School where our success is your success. Our teachers are supportive qualified adult education providers that teach to all learning styles. There’s no need to be anxious. We do however ask you meet the graduation criteria before certification.
You can apply to complete the 150 hour module once you’ve successfully graduated from the 200 hours.
200 Hour Teacher Training Application
If you answered YES to question 7, please seek guidance from your GP or appropriate allied health professional prior to committing to your Teacher Training.
I believe to the best of my knowledge, all of the information I have supplied within this tool is correct.